Okay so in my last relationship blog I talked about “The Lonely Chronicles” and how to know if a guy is right for you. So let’s say you finally feel like God has placed the right man in your life and you feel like you are in love! You constantly want to be next to your significant other and you seem like you can’t keep your hands to yourself. You want to show your significant other how much you appreciate and love them!
Well I’m here to tell you that you do not have to give in to sexual immortality and you can still continue on with your spiritual journey in a relationship.
The most important thing to do is to make sure that your relationship is built on the foundation of God.
And I can be honest and admit that although I LOVE God, temptations can become very hard. Here are some tips that can help you get past this.
- FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS
– Keep your focus on God! Do not let your sexual feelings get the better of you, remember that pleasing God is wayyyy more important that pleasing yourself or your significant other. You must sacrifice your wants and desires.
2. Try not to spend a lot of time ALONE
– The more time you spend alone, the harder the temptation gets. (Just being real) Maybe try spending time with each other and your friends or even go on a few double dates. Learn how to interact other places than just in a room alone.The next time you have the urge to touch the person you love, try touching them in another way. Try expressing in words how you feel about them, read the bible together and discuss what you learned.
3. Don’t ever feel pressured into doing anything. DO NOT compromise your morals and values. 1 Thessalonians 3:6 ” It is God’s will that you should avoid sexual immortality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God. ”
-It also helps if you and your significant other are on the same page spiritually! 2 Chorinthians 6:13 “Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?” It’s so much easier to deal with the temptation together and to have someone who supports your decision of not engaging in sexual activity until marriage.
5. DON’T STOP giving God his personal time!
– I know you’ve been waiting for this Man of God for a longgggggggggg time and now that he’s here you’re so excited to get to know him and spend time with him. But a personal relationship with GOD is vital. You have to continue to diligently seek Him.
And if you are not a virgin, (like most of us) but you have given your life to Christ and you no longer want to dwindle in sexual immortality. You can do it! I have so much faith in God, he can change ANYONE. So don’t let Sex be bigger than you, or bigger than God.
Constantly remind yourself that you can touch someone without “touching” them!