First off I want to wish everyone a happy and blessed Valentine’s Day, just remember that the ones you love should be shown that you love them not just on Valentine’s Day but daily.
In this blog I thought it would only be right to talk about Love. So what is love, well it wasn’t until I got saved that I really wanted to know the true definition of love and the Bible explained love in a way that I never thought about before. 1 Corinthians 13:4 reads “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud it is not rude, it is not self-seeking it is not easily angered; it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres.”
The first time I read this I was in awe, it made me realize that I’ve never truly loved the way God wanted me too.
See the type of love Jesus gives is exactly what the Bible talks about, even though we sin daily he continues love us, he continues to be patient with us and forgiving us of our sins.
He showed us sacrificial love! How many people do you know that would die for YOU.
We also have to learn to love the people who are not so easy to love. You know the people who talk about you behind your back or the co-worker or boss who is constantly trying to test your religion (You know what I’m talking about) but we have to learn to love them as well. Learn to pray for those people. When Jesus was being persecuted and nailed to the cross he stopped and said a prayer for his persecutors “forgive them for they know not what they do.”
This second part of this blog that I want to talk about specifically relates to Valentine’s Day.
- To all my single people, Valentine’s Day is just ONE day out of the year. Don’t be upset, because you definitely are not alone. Try getting to know your creator because there is no greater love then the love that he shows every second of every minute of your life!
- Don’t get into a relationship or look for a Valentine’s just because you are lonely.
- Don’t feel discouraged that you don’t have a significant other yet, there is a time for everything and God will provide you with the right person for you at the right time. God’s timing is PERFECT.
- To all my HAPPILY taken couples remember to show someone you care about them daily
- Don’t use Valentine ’s Day as an excuse to have sex.
- Be creative, showing someone you love them is not about buying them expensive gifts, now that we know what Love is this should be easier.